Saturday, June 30, 2012

Del Lorto Carburetor


Along with the Vespa Super 125 I received a box of various scooter parts. In with them was this Del Lorto carburetor. 


The guy said he thought it was for a chinese bike but there is clearly a Piaggio logo on the airbox. 





I have confirmed here that this is the carburetor that was installed on the 50 Special before the engine was pulled for whatever reason. The small frame engines have the carb inside the body rather than on top of the engine like the large frames. 

2 comments:

  1. Dellorto is an Italian carb maker around since the 50s I think. They're still in business. They make stuff mostly for racing now but have done runs for manufacturers like Pillagio and Moto Guzzi. Idk if they are doing any production bikes now but you can still get parts for most of the old stuff. I like these carbs because most of the ports are pre-polished and there's very little work to get the most out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to clean it out as I would any of my other carbs and set it aside. I found some small frame engines and might see about using his one again.

    ReplyDelete