Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Shopping Spree


Today did not go the way I planned it. Too many things conspired against me getting to Dallas to buy the scooters I had planned to. "The Best Laid Plans" and so forth...

I did buy two scooters here in Austin, though. I got a great deal on a Honda Spree (NQ50) and a Honda Elite 80 (CH80). I'll fix up the Elite 80 and sell it. It's a good and popular scooter. There are a lot of them out there and Honda makes great engines. Someone will be happy with it. 

The Spree is going to be thrown in with the others which are intended for a Spree racing league my friend is wanting to put together. He mentioned in passing " a lineup of identical Sprees with racing numbers". I am seeing it already. 

The Sprees are funny little bikes. They are 50cc 2 stroke engines but the transmission is a direct drive rather than a CVT (most automatic scooters) which makes them essentially a single gear scooter. They don't usually go much over about 25 mph when running stock, but they can be modified to run much faster. A bunch of them side by side in a closed environment can be exciting. 

Awesomely Hilarious or Hilariously Awesome? 
That would make a great racing team t shirt. 

Things could have gone better today. I could be oohing over the Vespa I wanted and I am disappointed about that but I am happy with what I paid for the Hondas and I know they are worth the time put into them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment