Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vespa ET2; Stoked about a 2-stroke


I bought this scooter out of the back of a lumber yard today thinking it was a Vespa ET4. I figured I could part the bike out to fund future projects. It turned out to be a Vespa ET2 instead which means it has a 2 stroke 50cc engine. It also means that rather than part it out, I am going to buy a new key and barrel set for the ignition and see if I can fire the thing up. The scooter is mostly complete. The things missing are cosmetic aside from a indicator lens. I tried the kick start and it sounds like it has pretty good compression and why wouldn't it? It's pretty obvious why it it wasn't being driven all these years. 

I just told someone yesterday that I would love another 2 stroke 50cc and here it is!

1 comment:

  1. Today's economy asks for ways to save money on fuel. Nowadays, there are numerous ways to reduce the money on fuel and quite probably, the best way is to buy a scooter.

    bike delivery

    ReplyDelete