Thursday, July 5, 2012

House Call



I got a request for help. Her Stella wasn't running. It had been knocked over and had been sitting for awhile. I couldn't see any oil down in the reservoir so I went and bought some right away. I also bought a little ratcheting right angled screwdriver thing. I am not sure how you are expected to get the screws off the carburetor box lid with a regular screwdriver. Refilled the oil reservoir and cleaned out the carb jets for good measure. Still didn't fire up so I checked the spark plug. It was completely fouled. Changed that out and it started up on the second or third kick. I let it idle for awhile and it just puttered away quietly. I installed a charging harness on the battery and reinstalled the spare tire. All pretty easy and she was happy. It should be good to go + instructions to call me if there's any troubles. Stellas are beautiful bikes. It was a pleasure to work on it.

The owner was cute too, so that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment