Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Sticky Summer Months


This is my big blue truck I use to bring scooters home to work on. Have a closer look.   



It looks like it's just dirty and maybe it rained a little. 


This is Pecan sap. There are 8 huge pecan trees on the property where I live and one of them shades the area where I park and work on various scooters. This time of the year, right after the fig crop has finished, the pecan trees start dropping sticky sap everywhere. It begins with a light misting of sap. That's what is covering the surface of the truck in general. Last night, the trees starting dropping the big drops of sap you can see on the left. I wiped some away so you can see what it would look like otherwise. 

It's sticky enough that pebbles stick to the bottoms of my shoes. My arms stick to the truck if I lean agasint it and my jeans stick to the metal folding chair when I stand up. GROSS.


I'll point out again that there is NO WATER in these pictures. This is all sap.









 Luckily it washes right off with a spray nozzle on the end of a garden hose. I'll go get some small tarps today and get these things covered. Who needs a shop? I need a shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment